Tuesday, September 30, 2014

DIARY | last weekend of September





Again, the weekend just sped on by before I could say (insert cool word here). I spent Friday morning and afternoon running around Tokyo to my various jobs, an audition and a party where I met someone that I thought I'd never meet in this lifetime. That's all I'm going to say now. Saturday, I had my first photo shoot since joining my new agency. I hadn't done a studio shoot in so long, I felt so out of practice... it's a different kind of modeling than what I do for my the outfit posts on this blog. I was very lucky the photographer knew exactly what he wanted out of every model (there were 3 other girls modeling that day), which is always a relief. And I loved my outfits - the stylist was the sweetest lady, and so talented. I can't wait to see the finished product, and also to work with these same artists again (I did post a few sneak peeks on my Instagram, @samanthamariko). Anyhow, after 5 hours of shooting, I rushed to a friend's friend's wedding party reception, and enjoyed myself amidst good food, good music, and good company. 

Sunday was one of the most relaxing days I've spent in a long time it seems - while everyone else was at Ultra Japan, a 2-day music festival in Tokyo, I was the being the grandma that I am and had a light brunch at a cafe with my man, finished some work (yes, I still work on weekends...), and discovered a shopping mall that is only 10 minutes away by car or bus. The reason why I'm sort of discovering these things now after 2 years is because I live right outside of Tokyo, and I'm in the city at least 6 days a week for work and such. Which is why I don't get to explore my own city. It's so nice to know that there are cute malls and eateries in my area as well. I found spending time outside of Tokyo, even for one day, to be relaxing and a good way to recharge my mind and body for the upcoming week.


How do you all spend your days off? Have a great week ahead!



Love,

Samantha Mariko

13 comments:

  1. congrats on the photoshoot! and your side profile is so pretty! :)

    Metallic Paws

    ReplyDelete
  2. always love your hair, so black and shiny.
    congratulation for being featured on magazine and photoshoot, you rock girl

    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS
    SOMETHING REAL SERIOUS PAGE
    INSTAGRAM
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a great photoshoot Samantha and nice photographer. A good weekend is when you do the things you love! No matter where or with who. That's all that matters. Discovering new places is so energizing. It leads you to new things and experiences. I stayed home... Real boring! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Samantha, i know you're totally rocking it!

    Visit my blog: www.sarahrizaga.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect for fall! Busting out all my old hats now too, sooo ready!
    Thank you visiting, hope to see you back sweets!

    Xo- Julie
    Peace. Love. LOL!

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on ur first photo shoot! And a 2 day music festival sounds like fun!
    www.speakstyleandrock.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. still loving the hair so much. you are one busy gal! on weekends im usually relaxing in bed or relaxing in bed with my man lol. we are lazy for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. photo shoot sounds so neat! such a busy busy schedule! you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait for the result of the photoshoot! You always looks so pretty and i love your new hair! Super fresh look! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you are a busy bee! Hope everything goes well and have a great weekend darling! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats!
    You have an amazing blog!

    irinasenina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. so much fun to hear about your modeling adventures! sometimes it's nice to relax on a day off. i love having nothing to do because it hardly ever happens!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!