Sunday, September 14, 2014

OUTFIT | preppy school boy


(T-shirt: Le Ciel Bleu (similar here); cardigan: Uniqlo (similar here); jeans: Le Ciel Bleu
tote: Le Ciel Bleu (not for sale); shoes: ORiental TRaffic (similar here); 
laptop case: Marc by Marc Jacobs (similar here); watch: Daniel Wellington)


photos by Lisa from Paint with Stars



Thank you so much for the encouraging and insightful comments on my last diary post! I'm so glad I added that little segment in my blog. 

Right when I thought fall had arrived... it started getting warm again. The weather was fantastic yesterday when Lisa and I shot this photos, but still, it was a bit too warm for my taste. I want to wear  my fall knits and sweaters already! Anyways, I wanted to wear my new oxfords from ORiental TRaffic (probably the only shoe store in Japan that carries my size), so I paired them with my skinnies from Le Ciel Bleu and went for a somewhat pretty, school boy look. I actually work for this brand, and I already own 4 pairs of jeans.. they know how to make a good pair! I rolled up the hem to show off my oxfords. I had to go to a meeting after the shoot, which is why I am carrying my laptop with me, the neoprene Marc by Marc Jacobs case courtesy of Shop Bop :) 

I do like to dress up and accessorize like crazy once in a while, but you know what, I think I'm in my element when I'm in a plain V-neck tee and some jeans. That's where my California girl vibes kick in. I think it's a matter of how well you style them - even small details like the fit of the jeans, what shoes you wear, how you arrange the shirt can really change up your look. 

Well, I am off to enjoy the rest of my Sunday! Have a great weekend all!




Love,

Samantha Mariko



32 comments:

  1. You look absolutely perfect on anything <3 I love your necklace :) Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so pretty, Samantha! I love your glasses and you look so cute when you wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look + photos! :)
    jeffreychung.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stylish! Like it a lot ;) Shoes are fantastic..:*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such you look so good here! I am loving your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samantha you look perfect! I am totally loving your outfit and the way you styled it! You nailed the preppy school outfit from head to toe! Those glasses suit you so well! :)

    www.callmemaddie.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the shoes & bag!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice look, I love it....simple yet cute

    itsjustshalay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. can't stop fallin' in love with preppy look

    visit mine,
    Miss Aa

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your style and blog

    www.tinuology.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the preppy style - it suits you fantastically!

    www.nevernotinspired.de

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm in loveee with this look! Those shoes are iconic!

    http://wornandwritten.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing look, so classy and stylish. Love your shoes and glasses. :)
    Fashion Happenss

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi dear,

    looking great! Love your shoes :)
    I don’t know if you noticed, but I have a completely new website, check it out here: www.beneaththecoat.com
    and let me know what you think!
    Also, I am moving from Blogger so you can’t follow me through GFC anymore, but if you go to my new page you will see that you can follow the blog through:
    Bloglovin
    Facebook
    Instagram

    Looking forward seeing you on my blog again!
    K

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the look it looks great!
    xx
    http://shititsmidnight.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  16. ooo those oxfords are perfection! i love dressing simply too. give me a v-neck and jeans any day!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your style!
    you looks pretty
    would you like to follow each other?
    i'll follow back after that
    www.miharujulie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sam, that's a great outfit! I love your jeans, shoes and glasses girl! Looks great together.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can seriously rock any outfit Samantha! Those shoes will never look good on me even if the world turns upside down.. hehe.. Love the preppy look, so modern too!

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xx
    BLOG | BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | FACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love love love your shoes! Also your look is very relaxing yet lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful look, I love your jeans
    Kisses
    Lorena

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ahhh! You're so beautiful Samantha! Love this outfit of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like the outfit. It's casual but clean and organised. BEAUTIFUL!

    Breathinghominess

    ReplyDelete
  24. First time here, and I already fell in love with you girl! This outfit is perfect, your haircut, and your face is stunning!

    Would you like to follow each other? Let me know!

    fashion-babel.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is very casual chic. You've got pretty eyes. I love your unique look.
    Would you like to follow each other?

    http://kintsugioflife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the details of small items you paired. Watch. glasses, and the patent-leather shoes!!
    XX
    http://fetish-tokyo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your shoes! Always wanted to try these kind of shoes myself but don't think I'm able to pull off like you did in the photos. Overall, great outfit look as always <3

    http://www.vonvogue.com/
    New Post: Glen 900
    xoxo, Claire from Vancouver, Canada

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment! I read each and every one!